Saturday, December 20, 2008

Holy Snow Day Ironman!

There's a foot of snow outside and it hasn't let up for about 12 hours.  This is nuts and I'm boarder line pissed because it's such a reminder of how much I hated growing up in the cold of Alaska.  

In the winter of 87' our front door of the trailer was broken off the hinges after either being kicked down by someone, or simply rotting off of the hinges.  It had to be strategically placed each time you closed it, in order for it to stay closed.  On one of those Alaska winter mornings where the sky was grey and wind nearly blew all of the trailers off their blocks, I foolishly rushed out of the door in an attempt to get to school on time.  In my haste, I didn't hang the door properly.  As the last one out of the trailer, I was the one responsible for making sure the place was locked up tight as could be.  That day however, I came home to a blown down door and a foot of snow wind-swept half way across our living room floor.  Luckily I was always the first one home so I had a couple of hours to clean the mess up.  

Now days all I have to worry about is when the HOA is going to take care of cleaning up this mess outside.  I know, I have it made easy with my 80 sq. ft. landscaped front yard, but now I can appreciate it more than most.  

On a lighter note, we had our first CrossFit Fundamentals Movement Course this morning at the studio.  We had a turn out of 12 souls who braved the icy roads at 8am to learn all about functional movements executed at high intensity.  The 4 hours went by way too quickly though, but everyone had a great time, I hope.  

Peace, Love, Gratitude & Blessings

Chuck G.  

No comments: