Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Climbing Walls & Stir Crazy

I'm going crazy dealing with my overactive sence of bordom during the "Arctic Blast" storm on 08'. We weren't supposed to be here for this. We had our hopes on going to Houston for Christmas to spend with the Moon's, but mother nature had other plans. Portland International Airport and Greyhound Train Station looked like scenes from the holiday classic Planes, Trains & Automobiles. The only round trip we had was a 12 hour truck ride to PDX and back after our flight was cancelled and rescheduled to Saturday, December 27th. Good Times.

99% of my clients have cancelled these last two weeks and that means that I'm stuck doing administrative paperwork and or dishes and laundry. Both are an equal penance for most most any confessions and I'm sure that's what my purgatory will consist of .

We're really unprepared to spend Christmas here too. We delibrately ran out of the staples like, food, soy milk, booze, etc. And we weren't going shopping for the hoodrats until we were in Houston. Today Shelly and I made a mad dash through the dirty, wet slush and ruts all over town to stock up. Tar-jey had almost everything, but I really was in the mood for some Bailey's, so...

We did all celebrate Mass together at St. Anthony's though. That was beautiful. There was a nice little childrens play of the nativity and Father Peter was great as always. The Eucharist was much greater though.

To be completely honest with all of you, I have lost any and all desire to move a muscle during our winter blanketing blast. You would think that a trainer, especially one who owns his own studio would be pretty motivated to stay fit and burn off the fudge, pecan brittle, cookies, & m&m calories I have packed in my "carbo-loading" period (loading up for the long marathon of folding clothes and emptying the dishwasher). Luckily, I have a great big, genetic chest & shoulder complex, which stretches out my shirt away from my spare tire. This way, I can easily pack on 10 pounds before anyone notices.

I am at least trying to moderate how much sugar I intake per day. When I begin to slightly feel my body slipping into a diabetic coma, I stop the binge. No purging though, just passing out on the couch with a good DVD (Tropic Thunder is gut busting funny, btw).

Time for some more pecan brittle. Thank you Mary Lou!

BigChuckaliciousG

No comments: