Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Some parents drive me craz-ey

This evening I was at my 5 year olds wrestling practice
and I noticed this other child, maybe 11 years old, dressed in three layers of long sleeve clothing, football pants and knee pads running on a treadmill.  When he was done, I asked him what he was doing and he replied,  "I need to lose some weight".   This poor kid was pretty heavy, and I just couldn't help but wonder where this kids parents were.  I told the little sport that he shouldn't run with so many clothes on because it just wasn't healthy. 

I was so fired up and I couldn't wait to see who the parents were.  Imagine my surprise when his dad turned out to be one the assistant coaches of the wrestling team.  Probably a 300 lb guy himself, it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that KFC was a major food group for their family.  

Now, do I talk to the coach and tell him how he's setting a horrible example for his son, and what he could do instead?  Could I bring a down comforter and some duct tape so I wrap him like a Christmas present and make him run laps around the gym?

You tell me.   

1 comment:

sonya said...

have you told the father what a fat ass he is yet? why not? you could always leave pamphlets about Type II Diabetes lying around.
by the way...I have just spent the entire morning reading every one of the Gonzales blog posts (yours and Shelly's)...I think I am now officially up to date!